About Me

Born August 4, 1894 in Auburn, New York to William and Alice Beardsley Woodruff Hills. Younger brother Carroll Beardsley Hills and younger sister Mary Day Hills. Educated at St. Paul's School, Concord, New Hampshire and Princeton University, class of 1917

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Letter dated July 14, 1917

Dear Mother- :

Am just in Paris for the day on a 24-hour permission which the section was lucky enough to get today and having a fine time.

I think we are going back into action again with our new division the first part of the next week, which I hope comes up to the last place for interest and excitement.

Am enclosing a picture, the only one I can seem to discover of the profligate son on the field of battle. I hope you get it tho it may not arrive. If I get one in which you can see something of me beside a blotch I will send it Will write more when I get back to the contonment again. With love, Paul

P.S. Found better picture sending it instead. The little valley of which I told you is directly behind me underneath. (?)

No comments: